Alan is a building physics and design analytics subject matter expert. A thought leader in the resiliency and climate emergency space, Alan works seamlessly with project teams to conceptualise and optimise a building’s built form in support of advanced passive design strategies. Leveraging cost-benefit analysis practices, Alan drives the integration of cost-effective and energy efficient building systems. He bridges the building engineering and architectural design silos to deliver integrated design outcomes, zero carbon strategies and smart building solutions.
Alan has extensive experience in the infrastructure, master plan, mixed-use, commercial, healthcare and education sectors. His international exposure to global best practice design strategies allows his to bring a fresh and innovative perspective to green building delivery. Advocating for the uptake of parametric design tools to steer early design engagement and built form optimisation, Alan continues to find ways to realise value for projects. He is collaborative, dynamic, resilient and proactive in his pursuit of the clients’ objectives.
Alan's key specialist areas include;
- Integrated Design
- Smart Buildings and Precincts
- Sustainable Master Planning
- Infrastructure Sustainability
- Sustainability Certification & Compliance
- Advisory Services
- Green Star Accredited Professional (GBCA)
- Infrastructure Standing Policy Committee 2016 (UDIA NSW)
- EcoDistricts Accredited Professional (EcoDistricts)
- Infrastructure Sustainability Accredited Professional (ISCA)
- BREEAM Accredited Professional (BRE)
- BSc Mechanical Engineering (Hons)
- MSc Sustainable Energy Engineering