Jack is a Building Services Engineer Consultant at LCI. Since joining LCI in Feb 2011 Jack has worked on both Education and Health Care facilities dealing with many stages of a typical project from master planning through to contract administration. Jack's expertise predominantly is in the fields of energy modelling/analysis, BIM, CFD and project management.
Initially Jack worked on fit outs at Royal Melbourne Hospital in which he developed an excellent understanding of system design and the typical processes involved with such projects. More recently Jack has been heavily involved in the BIM Mechanical Design at the New Royal Adelaide Hospital (NRAH) Project in South Australia from which he has developed an extensive knowledge on Building Services systems.
Jack’s primary focus at the NRAH was the HVAC design of the 40 operating theatres, adjoining patient bay’s and plant rooms. The design of the isolation rooms, MRI and CT facilities, mental health facility, blues paces areas and the major chilled and heating hot water plant rooms.
Jack has a particular interest and experience in the following areas of Building Services:
- Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Low energy design and incorporation of renewable technologies
- Mechanical services design for Healthcare facilities (Operating Theatre Design, MRI’ and CT Design)
- Multi discipline coordination of services
- Mechanical design with Energy Analysis (Integrated Environmental Software)
- Design, documentation and contract administration of Mechanical Services
Masters in Energy Management (Hons) – Dublin Institute of Technology
Bachelor Degree in Building Services Engineering (Hons) – Dublin Institute of Technology