24-26 Railway Parade, Westmead is a proposed multi-use development with an approximate gross floor area of 23,196m2. The development comprises of Residential, Hotel, Supermarket, Medical Centre, Retail, Tavern, Gymnasium, Basement Parking, Service Level and a Public Domain Area.
LCI Consultants have been engaged to provide Mechanical, Electrical, Communications, Security, Fire Protection, Hydraulics, ESD, Acoustic and Fire Safety Engineering servicing the design for the following:
- Part 4-storey and part 16-storey building connected via air bridges;
- Basement level gymnasium, back-of-house areas including supermarket storage, loading dock;
- Ground level retail comprising a supermarket (including the sale of packaged liquor) and retail tenancies positioned along the through-site link and Railway Parade. Separate lobbies are provided for the hotel and residential uses and a shared lobby for the medical centre, tavern and gymnasium;
- Reinstatement of existing tavern located on level 1 with food and beverage retail tenancies to the rear of the floor plate, connected to the lobby via a pedestrian overhead bridge;
- Level 2 medical centre comprising reception and loft lobby in the western building connected via the overhead bridge to the medical centre in the eastern building;
- 5-storey hotel comprising 97 rooms;
- 6-storeys of apartment comprising 33 apartments;
- Integrated Tavern and Supermarket fitout (to be confirmed); and
- Landscape and external works including public arts (in accordance with the VPA)
The project will not formally seek a NABERS rating or Accredited Green Star rating for the various components of the building, however it will be designed to achieve the following:
- No less than 4 Stars NABERS Energy rating
- BASIX compliance; and
- No less than 4 Star Green Star rating under the Australian Green Building Council of Australia rating scheme.