Fintona Girls’ School - Annie Hughston Centre
2019 – 2021
Fintona Girls’ School – Annie Hughston Centre is a centre that’s focused on science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. It features:
- state-of-the-art laboratory spaces with the versatility to cater to students across the School.
- general learning areas with flexible floor plans to augment curriculum delivery, collaboration, exploration, and interactions.
- a technically enhanced studio that supports a culture that will enable our girls to further develop their design thinking capabilities.
- writeable surfaces for problem-solving and collaborative activity. • zones designed to encourage incidental interactions and open staff spaces which create a community hub feel that fully supports students’ learning and connectedness.
- quiet study nooks and small group conversational areas.
- seamless ICT connectivity and Audio-Visual capabilities.
Working alongside Lyons Architects, LCI provided mechanical, electrical, hydraulics, fire protection, vertical transport, and ESD design services, including a custom CFD-designed solution to benchtop laboratory exhausts as an alternative solution to Nederman Arm Systems. Additionally, this education building is powered 100% by electricity and boasts a 95kW PV array on the roof.