The New Royal Adelaide Hospital
SPV, Hanson Yuncken Leighton Contractors (HYLC)
Completed in 2016
The New Royal Adelaide Hospital on SA’s North Terrace is a stunning new addition to Adelaide’s CBD. The 13-hectare site offers astounding access to public transport links with the city’s bus, tram, and rail networks at the Facility’s doorstep. Alongside the new Hospital are teaching and research facilities at the SA Health and Medical Research Institute.
The New Royal Adelaide Hospital is arguably Australia’s most advanced hospital incorporating the needs for some of the most experienced medical professionals and countless innovations from hospitals around the world.
The Hospital Includes:
- An emergency department capable of treating 24,000 patients every year
- 800 beds, including 700 multi-day beds and 100 same-day beds
- 40 operating theatres – All sized at 65m2 to allow for equipment such as MRI scanners to be used during surgery
- Single rooms with ensuite bathrooms for patients, providing space for treatment and rehabilitation, the reduction of the risk of cross infection and greater comfort and privacy
- Gardens and open spaces across the site
- Advanced IT systems to improve patient safety and improved clinical and patient information
- A fleet of automatically guided vehicles to help move equipment and supplies around the hospital
LCI provided Mechanical, Electrical, CFD Analysis, Energy Analysis & Thermal Modelling design.