Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre
Department of Health Victoria
2011 – 2015
Built on the site of the former Royal Dental Hospital, and across the road from The Royal Melbourne Hospital – City Campus, the $1 billion Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre (VCCC), was designed to rival the world’s best.
The brief for the centre was to hold hundreds of talented researchers and clinicians with state-of-the-art technologies. The VCCC development would become a magnet for the best and brightest minds in cancer research, education and training, treatment, and care, positioning it as one of the top 10 cancer centres in the world.
State of the art medical and research facility complete with adaptive infrastructure for the seamless integration.
LCI received the Engineers Australia Chief Judge’s Award at the Australian Engineering Excellence Awards 2016.
LCI provided engineering services to VCCC to facilitate:
- OGTR/NATA/ARPANSA and TGA PC2 Laboratories
- TGA /GMP Clean room spaces
- Cyclotron – Radionuclide dispensing – Grade C Cleanrooms
- Cytotoxic Pharmacy – Cytotoxic dispensing – Grade B Cleanrooms
- Radio pharmacy – Radionuclide dispensing – Grade C Cleanrooms
- Centre for Blood Cell Therapies – PC3 clean contained Grade B Cleanroom
- Centre for Blood Cell Therapies – PC2 clean contained Grade C Cleanroom
- OGTR/AWB/NHMRC and TGA PC2 Laboratories (AWB and NHMRC relate to Animal welfare)