St. Vincent’s operating theatres found that as the population was growing they were struggling to keep up with the demand of patients and the areas for patients to recover in.
The hospital needed to upgrade their current 8 Orthopaedic theatres, as well as add an additional 2 new theatres, to ensure that they met the requirements and demand from the community.
LCI were responsible for the Engineering Services component of the development.
Key project issues included:
- Business Continuity- How to build and keep the existing theatres operational
- Existing infrastructure – age, capacity, expansion
- 14 Stages of Redevelopment staging
- Upgrade the ITC for the existing 8 theatres
- Risk assessment review with Infection Control
- Benchmark analysis of systems and costs integration with other theatres, increased recovery & holding areas
LCI achieved the required outcome of this project, including increasing the hospitals facilities to provide a better quality of service to a high number of patients in newly redeveloped theatres and recovery rooms.